Pages

Sunday 24 June 2012

This Week

Well I got the final confirmation that I definitely failed my exam by 7 marks so at least now with the feedback I also received what areas I need to work on and the areas that I did good and surprisingly really good in : )

Although I have been living and breathing this exam for the last 12 weeks, I have still carried around my ideas book for the book I want to write and for my craft business so I have taken a few minutes when I could grab a break to go through them and write down or sketch out some ideas if they pop in to my head. I know now for the book I’m writing I definitely want there to be a retired military working dog who goes on to work as a service dog.

In the last week I’ve also stepped it up a gear in relation to my craft business. I’ve been making samples and doing research to make sure the market isn’t already flooded with the ideas I’ve had,  after all just because I’ve had an idea doesn’t mean someone else hasn’t had the same idea as well J.

I’ve also been shopping for materials, wool, threads, buttons, packaging and business cards. Online shopping is great and I have found some great shops and you can get great bargain, but….. there is nothing like going to my local Haberdashery shop called Gina’s and having a cup of tea with her and going through her shelves of buttons and threads and ribbons and materials. Just being in the shop gives me ideas when I look at the materials I can see ideas coming to life. That’s one thing you cannot get with an online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment