Pages

Sunday 9 October 2011

Harry Moseley a true inspiration and a hero!

Harry is a wonderful little boy who was taken from us far too early in his short life on Saturday 8th October 2011 at 11.10pm. He went out fighting we his twitter family like may others whose lives he touched just by being there will never forget him.
I’m not one for award shows like the Oscars TV Award shows, but I will watch real award shows honouring the work of real people, like The Pride of Britain, The Millies etc.
I first saw Harry on TV receiving his Children’s Champion Award from the “The Dragons” I thought what a fantastic little boy even though he is seriously ill, and knows it, he is kicking Cancer’s ass and raising money for Charity.
I joined twitter last year and a few months ago I was having a bad day and someone retweeted Harry’s @harry_moseley  #WowzerWedensday and it turned my day around and his tweets continued to turn my days around.
When I get stressed (or as I have been suffering a bout of depression) sometimes it just takes something for my brain to click back into “the normal me” mode. For me this was it “have a #WowzerWedensday”. This little boy has been an inspiration and when he was too sick to tweet his mum / family tweeted for him.
I cannot even begin to understand how it feels to lose a child. My sister will not even discuss a Will and who will look after my niece if anything were to happen to her and her husband so I know there are conversations in my niece’s life that Aunty C may have to have with her from how to put boy in wrist lock to the subject of dying. So I ordered several bracelets from Harry for me and my niece. For me as a daily reminder that work is just that, and also so that when I have to have that conversation with my niece on dying I can tell her about Harry.
Harry will always have a special place in his twitter family’s hearts, to me he was an inspirational little  boy, a hero, a fighter and a role model to the young and old.

Rest In Peace little man xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment